Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Projects for 2014

I am terrible at keeping my New Year's Resolutions, so I have stopped making them, but I find that New Year's is a great time to reflect on what you have achieved (or not) over the past year and what you would like to change for the upcoming year.

This past year (2013) was all about coping for me as I returned to work full-time and managed to still play soccer, ultimate frisbee, volunteer and spend some time with my family.  What suffered and got lost in all of the coping was my personal projects, those little things that needed to be done like sort through my closet to cull out the old clothes, scan in all of Connor's kindergarten creations so that I can make room for his Gr. 1 accomplishments, my crafts, my photography and the list continues.

One thing that I like to think that I am good at is completing challenges.  My friend Elsbeth, a personal trainer, challenged her friends to a 30 day core challenge back in September and I was one of seven people to complete 30 days of core exercises.

In 2014 I am challenging myself to three things:
1) 365 Activities: being deliberately physically active for at least 10 minutes/day every day of the year.
2) 365 Photos: taking a photo a day and publishing it on my flickr stream
3) 12 Posts: keeping up with the seaborns blog with a post at least once/month

Wish me luck and hopefully I will be successful in these challenges.

Wishing you a healthy and prosperous 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment