Who knew that posting recipes at dinner time would cause so many people to ask for recipes? :)
Here is the recipe for the Roasted Cauliflower Risotto from Canadian Living - the Vegetarian Collection.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2lb/1kg)
- 3 (or more) cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 onion (or 1 large shallot)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (as son #1 was eating it, I substituted broth)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for "garnish" (if desired)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim cauliflower and cut into florets. Toss together with garlic, 2 tbsp of oil and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Roast on baking sheet (with parchment paper on top) in oven until golden and tender, about 35 minutes. Mash garlic with a fork.
- While the cauliflower/garlic are in the oven, bring broth and water to boil; reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining oil (1 tbsp) over medium-high heat; fry onion and remaining salt, stirring occasionally, until softened but not coloured, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice, stirring to coat and toast grains. Add wine; cook, stirring, until almost no liquid remains, about 1 minute.
- Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time and stirring after each addition until most of the liquid is absorbed before adding more, 18-20 minutes total. The rice should be loose, creamy but not mushy, and still slightly firm.
- Stir in cauliflower, garlic, cheese and parsley. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese (if desired).